The most powerful Tahiti based AMD card for Mac Pro. Great for Mac Pro 1,1/2,1 and 3,1. Also works with Mac Pro 4,1/5,1.
Fully unlocked PCI-Express 2.0 x16 bandwidth (5.0 GT/s) both under macOS and Windows and of course native EFI boot screen.
Native support starts for OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3, but you can also install OS X drivers for OS X Lion 10.7.5 and get full support.
- Apple Mac Pro 3,1 (2008), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) or Mac Pro 5,1 (2010-2012)
- Apple Mac Pro 1,1 (2006) and Mac Pro 2,1 (2007) are also supported after installing Mac OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) or newer
- installed Mac OS X 10.8.3 (Mountain Lion) or newer
- native support by macOS Mojave/Catalina/Big Sur/Monterey, no drivers needed
- compatible with macOS and Windows (via BootCamp)
- supports Apple boot screen (gray screen with Apple logo on startup) on DVI and miniDisplayPorts (on 4K displays and miniDisplayPorts boot screen is not available)
- uses internal Mac Pro power supply
- supports PCI Express 2.0 link under macOS and Windows (in Mac Pro 3,1/4,1/5,1)
- supports 4 displays simultaneously: 1x dual-link DVI-I, 1x HDMI 1.4, 2x miniDisplayPort 1.2, analog displays supported, more than 3 displays requires an active miniDisplayPort to DVI adapter
- supports 4K@60Hz on miniDisplayPort ports and 4K@30Hz via DVI/HDMI ports
- supports OpenGL, OpenCL and Metal in applications and games
- supports sound via miniDisplayPorts under macOS (after installing additional driver)
- allows an upgrade to macOS Mojave 10.14.6, macOS Catalina 10.15.7, macOS Big Sur 11.7.1 or macOS Monterey 12.0.1 or newer
- graphics processor clock: 1020 MHz
- memory speed: 1500 MHz
- amount and type of memory: 3 GB GDDR5
- bus width: 384-bit
- bus: PCI-Express 2.0 x16 (5.0 GT/s) in Mac Pro 3,1/4,1/5,1 and 1.1 x16 (2,5 GT/s) in Mac Pro 1,1/2,1